Baserow is on a mission to help everyone build applications faster,
cheaper and easier. We want to give the power back to the users who
understand best what is needed for their business. We are strong
believers of open and extensible software.
Our open source no-code database is the best Airtable alternative
for teams who would like to keep control of their data and want the
flexibility to expand and customize their database.
We’re looking to hire our first DevOps engineer to help take Baserow to
the next level. As a DevOps engineer, your goal is making it as easy as
possible to self-host Baserow everywhere, manage and monitor our
infrastructure and fundamentally accelerate development. You will be
part of the development team, work directly with the founder and have a
big impact on Baserow by joining at this stage.
Want to learn more about our software and tech stack? Take a look at the
In this position you will
Build and maintain off the shelf self-hosting solution for our users
Manage, monitor and improve the infrastructure of our hosted version
Work as part of the development team to increase how quickly we can
- Build a testing environment that supports branch development
- Respond to technical comments and user queries on self-hosting
- 4+ years professional experience in DevOps
- Professional experience with Kubernetes and Docker
Solid understanding of scalable web architecture and cloud
- Experience with CI/CD automation
- Solid Linux experience and bash scripting
- Experience with tools like GitLab, Git and PostgreSQL
You live in Europe or in the United Kingdom, in the UTC time zone
(London, Lisbon, Dakar) ± 2 hours
- Fluent or native in English
What we offer
A good salary ranging from €4000 to €7000 based on your location and
- A fully remote position at a remote-first company
- A €3000 budget for a laptop and other hardware
- Stock options and we are upfront about the amount
- A compensation for hot desking in a co-working space
- 25 paid vacation days per year
- Flexibility in your working schedule
- Application: Send us your application via email
- Screen: We will screen applications based on fit
- Interviews: Potential candidates will be invited up
to two interviews via a video call
- Challenge: Potential candidates will be asked to do a
- Offer: Successful candidates will receive an offer
What it’s like to work at Baserow
Baserow employees have a passion for startups and like getting stuff
done without being bogged down by bureaucracy. We practice agile
methodologies meaning that our communication is open and that our
project management is collaborative. Everyone is encouraged to offer
their opinions and you'll be working directly with the founder.
Fundamentally we are sensible and transparent company:
Our working hours are flexible, we generally hold meetings and
collaborate during normal working hours, but when life gets in the
way it's not a problem.
- We trust our employees and won't micromanage you
Feeling like a member of a remote team is important, so at the end
of the week we hang out and look at our growth and achievements.
We meet twice a year in person with the whole team. Our last meetup
was in Barcelona and our next one is early May.