Baserow is on a mission to help everyone build applications faster,
cheaper and easier. We want to give the power back to the users who
understand best what is needed for their business. We are strong
believers of open and extensible software.
Our open source no-code database is the best Airtable alternative
for teams who would like to keep control of their data and want the
flexibility to expand and customize their database.
You'll be building features from scratch and you have full ownership
over the whole process. Build new functionality for internal and
external users. Collaborate with the team to improve the codebase and
product experience. Your changes have a direct impact.
It’s our goal to build an open source no-code tool that can be used by
everyone, from hobbyist to enterprise. We want our software to be
flexible, modular and fast. We have big plans for the future and you can
be a part of it in an early phase.
Want to learn more about our software and tech stack? Take a look at the
In this position you will
- Take full ownership of tasks within a small team
- Work on open source software, internal tools and our website
- Perform code reviews and help other team members if needed
- Write high quality and well documented code
- Work in a team where the best idea always wins
- Design RESTful APIs that provide an outstanding user experience
5+ years designing, developing and delivering highly scalable web
- Solid Python and Django knowledge
Experience with relational database systems like PostgreSQL or MySQL
Experience with tools like Docker, GIT, webpack, SCSS, NGINX, pytest,
Redis, Celery and eslint
You live in Europe or in the United Kingdom, in the UTC time zone
(London, Lisbon, Dakar) ± 2 hours
- Fluent or native in English
What we offer
A good salary ranging from €4,000 to €7,000 based on your location and
- A fully remote position at a remote-first company
- A € 3000 budget for a laptop and other hardware
- Stock options and we are upfront about the amount
- A compensation for hot desking in a co-working space
- 25 paid vacation days per year
- Flexibility in your working schedule
- Application: Send us your application via email
- Screen: We will screen applications based on fit
- Interviews: Potential candidates will be invited up
to two interviews via a video call
- Challenge: Potential candidates will be asked to do a
coding challenge by picking up a small issue from the open source
- Offer: Successful candidates will receive an offer
What it’s like to work at Baserow
Baserow employees have a passion for startups and like getting stuff
done without being bogged down by bureaucracy. We practice agile
methodologies meaning that our communication is open and that our
project management is collaborative. Everyone is encouraged to offer
their opinions and you'll be working directly with the founder.
Fundamentally we are sensible and transparent company:
Our working hours are flexible, we generally hold meetings and
collaborate during normal working hours, but when life gets in the
way it's not a problem.
- We trust our employees and won't micromanage you
Feeling like a member of a remote team is important, so at the end
of the week we hang out and look at our growth and achievements.
We meet twice a year in person with the whole team. Our last meetup
was in Barcelona and our next one is early May.