Table of contents
Baserow is an open-source online database tool. Users can use this no-code platform to
create a database without any technical experience. It lowers the barriers to app
creation so that anyone who can work with a spreadsheet can also create a database. The
interface looks a lot like a spreadsheet. Our goal is to provide a perfect and fast user
experience while keeping it easy for developers to write plugins and maintain the
codebase. The developer documentation contains several topics you might need as a
New to Baserow? This is the place to start.
- Introduction: An introduction to some important
concepts before using Baserow.
- API: An introduction to the REST API and information about
- WebSocket API: An introduction to the
WebSockets API which is used to broadcast real time updates.
- Database plugin An introduction to the
database plugin which is installed by default.
Need some help with setting things up?
Everything related to contributing and developing for Baserow.
- Development environment: More detailed
information on baserow’s local development environment.
- Running the Dev Environment: A
step-by-step guide to run Baserow for development.
- Directory structure: The structure of all the
directories in the Baserow repository explained.
- Tools: The tools (flake8, pytest, eslint, etc) and how to
- Code quality: More information about the code style,
quality, choices we made, and how we enforce them.
- Create a template: Create a template that can be
previewed and installed by others.
- dev.sh: Further details on how to use Baserow’s
- Baserow Docker API: An API reference with all
supported environment variables, command line arguments and usage patterns for
Baserow’s docker images and compose files.
Everything related to custom plugin development.