Table of contents
Baserow is an open-source online database tool. Users can use this no-code platform to
create a database without any technical experience. It lowers the barriers to app
creation so that anyone who can work with a spreadsheet can also create a database. The
interface looks a lot like a spreadsheet. Our goal is to provide a perfect and fast user
experience while keeping it easy for developers to write plugins and maintain the
codebase. The developer documentation contains several topics you might need as a
New to Baserow? This is the place to start.
- Introduction: An introduction to some important
concepts before using Baserow.
- API: An introduction to the REST API and information about
- WebSocket API: An introduction to the
WebSockets API which is used to broadcast real time updates.
- Database plugin An introduction to the
database plugin which is installed by default.
Need some help with setting things up or understanding how Baserow works?
Everything related to contributing and developing for Baserow.
- Development environment: More detailed
information on baserow’s local development environment.
- Running the Dev Environment: A
step-by-step guide to run Baserow for development.
- Directory structure: The structure of all the
directories in the Baserow repository explained.
- Tools: The tools (flake8, pytest, eslint, etc) and how to
- Code quality: More information about the code style,
quality, choices we made, and how we enforce them.
- Create a template: Create a template that can be
previewed and installed by others.
- dev.sh: Further details on how to use Baserow’s
- Baserow Docker API: An API reference with all
supported environment variables, command line arguments and usage patterns for
Baserow’s docker images and compose files.
Everything related to custom plugin development.